BY USING THE WEBSITE, YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND AND ABIDE BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE, OR TO ANY CHANGES WE MAY SUBSEQUENTLY MAKE TO THEM, IMMEDIATELY STOP ACCESSING OUR WEBSITE.
Global Economic Awareness Project, Inc. reserves the right to withdraw or amend this Website, and any service or material we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. Global Economic Awareness Project, Inc. will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users, including registered users.
Accessing the Website and Account Security
This Website provides a flexible platform to fundraise, recruit/coordinate volunteers, and create awareness for international service through Global Economic Awareness Project, Inc.’s programs, as well as programs offered by other organizations. As part of that effort, the Website may direct money to the participating organizations’ merchant processor to fund activities designated by the donor (or users of the site). Global Economic Awareness Project, Inc. does not charge any set up costs or monthly fees, but if you elect to fundraise money on the Website we may receive a small percentage of each donation to administer and improve the Website if the donor elects to contribute to cover the online transactions.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to this Website or portions of it using your user name, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your username or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof), are owned by Global Economic Awareness Project, Inc., its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
• Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
• You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Website for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication, or distribution.
• You may print, copy or download materials on this Website for the purpose of recruiting volunteer participants or fundraising for Global Economic Awareness Project, Inc. programs.
• If we provide desktop, mobile, or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
You must not:
• Modify copies of any materials from this site.
• Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Website or any services or materials available through the Website.
The Global Economic Awareness Project, Inc. name and logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of Global Economic Awareness Project, Inc., or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of Global Economic Awareness Project, Inc. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
This entire Website, copy, images, logos, indicia, text, and all content therein is copyright 2015-2019 Global Economic Awareness Project, Inc. All third-party trademarks, copy, images, logos, indicia, text and all other content appearing on this Website are hereby acknowledged by the respective participating organizations.
• In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
• For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
• To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter”, “spam”, or any other similar solicitation.
• To impersonate or attempt to impersonate Global Economic Awareness Project, Inc., a Global Economic Awareness Project, Inc. employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses associated with any of the foregoing).
• To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm Global Economic Awareness Project, Inc. or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
• Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
• Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
• Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
• Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
• Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Website.
• Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
• Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
The Website may contain message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards, and other interactive features (collectively, “Interactive Services”) that allow users to post, submit, publish, display, or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, “post”) content or materials (collectively, “User Contributions”) on or through the Website.
Any User Contribution you post to the site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Website, you grant Global Economic Awareness Project, Inc. and its affiliates the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute, and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material.
You represent and warrant that:
• You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to Global Economic Awareness Project, Inc. and affiliates.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not Global Economic Awareness Project, Inc., have fully responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness. We are not responsible or liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Website.
Global Economic Awareness Project, Inc. retains the right to:
• Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
• Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
• Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Website. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING, OR TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF, INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we do not undertake to review all material before it is posted on the Website, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or non performance of the activities described in this section.
Communication from Global Economic Awareness Project, Inc.
When registering on our Website, we reserve the right to email you alerts and special notices that we believe may be of interest to you. We respect your right not to receive these communications and if any time you tell us you don’t want to receive them, we’ll disable that functionality for your account. Each of these communications will contain a clear link to Unsubscribe. When you unsubscribe, we will remove your name from the communication list and will no longer send you these alerts and special notices, unless you choose to re-subscribe at a later date. To unsubscribe, email firstname.lastname@example.org and put Unsubscribe in the subject line.
Global Economic Awareness Project, Inc. AND ALL PARTICIPATING ORGANIZATIONS AND GROUPS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY MATERIAL COMMUNICATED BY THIRD PARTIES THROUGH THIS WEBSITE.
You may not advertise or solicit on this Website without the express written permission of Global Economic Awareness Project, Inc.
Links to other websites do not imply an endorsement of the materials disseminated at those sites, nor does the existence of a link to another site imply that the organization or person publishing at that site endorses any of the materials on this site. Links to other websites are provided as a convenience to its users; Global Economic Awareness Project, Inc. is not responsible for the content contained on any website linked to this site.
Correction of Errors and Inaccuracies
While Global Economic Awareness Project, Inc. makes every reasonable effort to present accurate information on this Website, the information here may sometimes contain typographical errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice to you (including after you have submitted your information). Such errors, inaccuracies or omissions may relate to group or project description, cost information and availability. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Warranty and Limitation of Liability
Global Economic Awareness Project, Inc. makes no guarantee or warranty, express or implied, as to the reliability, accuracy, timeliness or completeness of the information on this Website and is not responsible for any errors or omissions in it, whether caused by the source of the information.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, Global Economic Awareness Project, Inc. WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, Global Economic Awareness Project, Inc. HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
The Global Economic Awareness Project, Inc. respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
• On the Global Economic Awareness Project, Inc. website (“Website”).
• In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Website.
• ANY OTHER SOURCES.
Lawful Basis for Processing
You agree that we have a lawful basis to process any of your personal information necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, or those of a third party, to the maximum extent permitted by law. By accessing or using the Website, and participating to the Global Economic Awareness Project, Inc. activities, you agree that we have a legitimate interest:
• To perform general business operations related to our purpose, mission and vision, and to seek funding in support thereof.
• To comply with foreign and domestic legal requirements.
• To improve of our existing operations and develop new operations.
•To notify you of new products, services, and events that may be of interest.
• To protect the vital interests of the public.
• To personalize our services.
• To seek donations in furtherance of our mission to empower volunteers to facilitate sustainable solutions in under resourced communities while fostering local cultures.
You further agree that the uses of your personal information described below are necessary to our legitimate interests.
How We Use Your Information
We use information about you that we collect or that you provide to us, including any personal information, for the purposes described in this policy. Please note that one or more purposes may apply simultaneously.
• Provision of products and services: We may use personal information to fulfill transaction requests, process an order or as otherwise may be necessary to perform a transaction, to ensure the functionality and security of our products and services, to identify you and to prevent and investigate fraud and other misuses. We may also store or otherwise record personal information in the course of providing products and/or services.
• Development of products and services: We may use personal information to develop our products and/or services. However, for the most part we only use aggregate and statistical information in the development of our products and services. We may also use personal information to personalize our services and to provide users with service more relevant, for example, to make recommendations and to display customized content and advertising in our Website. We may combine personal information collected in connection with your use of a particular Global Economic Awareness Project, Inc. product and/or service with other personal data we may hold, except where such personal data was collected for a different purpose. We may create aggregate and statistical information based on personal information.
• Communicating with you and marketing: We may use personal information to communicate with you, for example, to respond to your inquiries, to provide information relating to our services that your request from us or that we feel may be of interest to you, or to contact you for participant feedback and satisfaction queries. We may use your personal information for marketing or research purposes, for example, to conduct market research. And we may, in accordance with applicable law, contact you to inform you of new services or promotions we may offer.
•Employment: We may use personal information to process applications for employment.
•Legal requirements: We may disclose /or otherwise process your personal information to comply with any foreign or domestic legal requirements.
• Otherwise described: We may process your personal information any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
• Consent: We may use your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
• by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or ANY OTHER INFORMATION THE WEBSITE COLLECTS THAT IS DEFINED AS PERSONAL OR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION OR PERSONAL DATA UNDER AN APPLICABLE LAW (“personal information”); and/or
• about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
• Directly from you when you provide it to us.
•Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
• From third parties, for example, our collaborators.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
•Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
• Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
•Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
• Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
• Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
• Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Global Economic Awareness Project, Inc., for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
• To our partners and affiliates.
• To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our organization and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
• With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Global Economic Awareness Project, Inc. or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We are an international organization, and may decide to transfer your personal information to an affiliate or third party outside your home jurisdiction. Please be aware that the legal protections for personal information in these jurisdictions may not be equivalent to the protections in your home jurisdiction. By providing us with your information, you agree that we may store, transfer, and otherwise process your information in any reasonably necessary location outside your home jurisdiction.
Your Right to Access, Correct, Erase, Restrict, and Object to use of your Personal Information
Residents of the European Union and the United Kingdom have the right to request certain actions regarding the personal data that we possess. You may email email@example.com to request the following actions:
• To access personal data about you that we possess. This includes information on the ways in which we use your personal data, categories of personal data concerned, recipients or categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed.
• To correct and update your personal data.
• To erase personal data, if that data is no longer necessary for the purpose it was collected or otherwise processed, if you object to the use of that data and a fundamental right is at stake, or if your personal data has been unlawfully processed. Where your data was made public, our responsibility to erase it is limited to deleting data in our possession, and taking reasonable steps to inform other data controllers of your request. In no event shall we have any obligation to erase your data where doing so would prevent exercise of the right of freedom of expression and information, would interfere with a legal obligation, would interfere with the processing of health data, would interfere with legitimate archiving, or would impede the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
• To restrict processing of your personal data, except for storage and other uses with your consent. We are not obligated to restrict processing of your personal data unless you contest the accuracy of that data for a period of time reasonably allowing us to verify accuracy, the processing is unlawful and you request that processing be restricted instead of erasing the data, your data is no longer necessary for processing but you require it for the establishment, exercise, or defense of a legal claim, or pending a determination after you object to data processing.
• To object to any given form of data processing.
We will notify you of any action taken regarding your request. You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority for failure to provide you with a response within a period of one month.
For requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive, we may charge a fee based on administrative costs or refuse to respond. If we refuse to respond, you will be informed of the reason for refusal, and of available recourse.
Copyright 2015-2019 Global Economic Awareness Project, Inc. All rights reserved.